We finally started brushing Brody's and Brayden's teeth. We should have started a while ago, but couldn't imagine doing one more thing! Since Landen is in Rapid River our nights haven't been quite so busy so we were able to fit it in. Here is Daddy brushing Brayden's teeth. He did very good and didn't seem to mind it all.


Here is a video of Daddy brushing Brayden's teeth. I didn't upload Brody's video because it's gross!
Brody on the other hand hated it (and still does). He even ended up puking all over :(.

Since Brody puked I started brushing their teeth in the bathtub. Brayden still does very well and Brody starts crying and trys to figure out how to get out of the tub as soon as he sees me getting the toothpaste on the toothbrush. The first time I brushed their teeth in the tub Brody puked again. He even started gagging when I was brushing Brayden's teeth! Brayden does fine when I'm brushing his teeth, but then gags when I'm brushing Brody's teeth...Crazy Kids! They haven't gotten any new teeth in a really long time. Hopefully Brody gets some soon because he still only has 2 bottom ones.
They are not good breadfast eaters. They don't like eggs, oatmeal, or cream of wheat. However they love toast and pancakes. This morning I made them some instant oatmeal and while I was walking over with it Brody started shaking his head "no". Brayden let me put a couple spoonfuls in his mouth but that was it. Brody wouldn't let me put anything in his mouth. So, I gave them a bowl of cheerios. This was the first time I let them try and feed themselves with a spoon. They didn't have a clue! They held the spoon in one hand and picked up the cheerios with the other hand.

They are pretty much off baby food, however I am trying to use up what I have. I still have some vegetables to get rid of so they eat that at lunch time. For supper they usually eat whatever we eat. They love spaghetti, goulash, meat balls, meatloaf, any type of noodles/pasta, yogurt, cottage cheese (Brody), fruit (Brody likes most fruit, whereas Brayden only likes bananas), green beans, cooked carrots, potatoes, cheesy potatoes. At this age they are much better eaters than Landen was.
They still LOVE to play with each other and Landen. Brayden loves books where Brody likes to be on the move more. Lately, however, he has taken an interest in books, too. He will sit and look at some if there isn't anything better to do. Brody also likes to hit Brayden over the head with whatever he can, and grab Buddy's tail. Thankfully our dogs are good with the twins, however Buster lets them know if he doesn't want to play!
Our new babysitter is going very well. The boys seem to like her a lot and B & B often cry when she leaves...Sometimes I feel like crying, too :) This past week has been very nice so she has taken them outside everyday and tired them out! I might be brave and take them to the Jr. High basketball game Monday night. Anna will also be there to help since Steve has a meeting. They still have runny noses so it all depends on how they are feeling, too.
0 comments:
Post a Comment