CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 3, 2010

We're Home!

We've been home for about 2 1/2 weeks now and seem to have settled into a routine, however just when I think I have B & B figured out they change things up on me! Landen, PJ, & I left Rapid River on Tuesday the 17th and Brody and Brayden stayed in RR with Grandma and Papa. It was nice to come back and get my house back in order before the twins got here. I went through clothes and cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned before they got here on Friday. Auntie Patti drove Grandma and the boys up here. They stayed Friday night and left on Saturday after Auntie Patti made 2 pans of lasagna for my freezer! Just before they got to L'Anse Brayden got car sick and puked all over. Luckily Grandma was sitting between them so she could get Brayden out of his car seat as he started to choke. Thankfully Landen wasn't with them because he would have been puking from seeing Brayden puke. Needless to say both Brayden and Grandma needed a bath/shower as soon as they got here. Brayden is definitely taking after big brother Landen in the puking category. Whenever he eats something new puking is usually involved. He puked on cooked broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots for the 2nd time and also puked on watermelon when Grandma Alice was here this past week.

Grandpa Wally and Grandma Carol came up on the 24th to pick up Lily and left on the 27th. They watched the boys so I could attend a workshop on the 25th & 26th. Grandma Carol cooked a turkey with stuffing while she was here. She then divided everthing up and put it in 2 separate containers for the freezer for us. Now we have 2 pans of lasagna and 2 pans of turkey for supper!

Grandma Alice came up on Monday, the 30th to watch the boys so I could work in my room on the 31st and 1st. Anna, our new babysitter also came on those 2 days so Grandma could train her in. Hopefully she comes back this Tuesday! The boys really like her so I think she'll make out just fine!

Here are some pictures from the past couple weeks. There aren't that many because I have been busy with house, workshops, classroom, oh and taking care of kids! Steve transformed Landen's crib into a toddler bed. He slept in a toddler bed all summer long at Grandma's and Papa's house and did just fine and he is doing fine here as well. For some reason, though he doesn't think he can get out of his bed by himself, which I don't mind. I keep checking on him until he wakes up which usually is between 9-10.

PJ slept on the floor in Landen's room while he was here.

BraydenBrody

One night we had spaghetti for supper so I gave some to Brayden and Brody, and they LOVED it. They went from their high chairs right to the tub!

When Grandma Alice was here she put the boys in the chair together and rocked them back and forth. Brody layed back and enjoyed it, but not Brayden. He sat straight up and was too nosy looking around.
Their sleeping pattern still isn't consistent. One night they may sleep through the night and then the next night they may not. Usually though when they do get up during the night all it takes is giving them a pacifier and they go back to sleep. I do wish they could find their pacifier by themself, but I'll take getting up to give them a pacifier rather than having to rock them back to sleep. Their teeth count is the same...Brody has 2 on the bottom and Brayden has 8 - 4 on top and 4 on bottom. Depending on what we have for supper depends on if they get any. If they don't get a taste of what we are eating they don't mind. They are still happy with their baby food. They also still enjoy their 3 bottles throughout the day. Sometimes they don't drink their whole bottle, but usually they do. I'm not looking forward to going back to work in 3 days, but I know they will be well taken care of at home!

0 comments: