CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Rapid River Time!

I had to go to Chicago for a conference the week before Easter so I brought Landen to Rapid River so he could spend some time with his grandparents, aunts, uncles, & cousins and so Daddy could get some work done around the house. Let's just say the work we talked about didn't get done :(. I had a good time in Chicago, but definitely would not want to live there. We had fun eating at all the different restaurants and never went to the same place twice. Needless to say I was glad to finally get back in the car and head back to the U.P.!

One night after his bath Landen wanted to cuddle with Papa, and now it has become part of his routine. As soon as he gets out of the tub and I lay him on his towel he starts making that curling noise, which to him means Papa. One night Auntie Julie gave him a bath and he did that and my mom didn't even tell her that he cuddles with Papa after his bath.
Aren't they cute?!

Teddy licking Landen's toes

Landen eating his cheerios before bed.

Eating his scrambled egg & toast in the morning.

Maybe he's going to share with Papa.

Here he is coloring, but he has more fun putting the crayons in and then taking them out. He does it over and over and over.

Coloring Easter eggs with Auntie Patti & PJ.

Isn't he CUTE!?!

Look at those big, blue eyes!

Rocking his bunnies.

Showing Dad a book he got from the Easter Bunny...

...and showing him some candy.

The Easter Bunny was good to Landen this year. He brought him some books, a spring/summer jacket, a hat, some jelly beans and a sayklly's egg with his name on it.

We celebrated Easter at my Aunt Lillian's house this year. The food was absolutely delicious as usual and I definitely ate too much. Landen was a little on the crabby side while we were there, but thankfully there was enough of us there to keep him entertained. Once we left there we took a ride down to the cottage and Uncle Robert gave Landen a ride on the 4-wheeler.

Here he is walking towards the garage to find Uncle Robert and the 4-wheeler!

Landen loves his Uncle Jimmy, and Uncle Jimmy loves him. He even rocked Landen to sleep one night! After his nap Uncle Jimmy takes Landen outside and they play basketball, walk around, or swing. On Monday I took Landen to get a haircut at the Village Salon. They all couldn't believe how good he was. I was hoping he would be good and thankfully he was. On Tuesday my mom and I had appointments in Escanaba so Grandma Carol spent some time with Landen. He wasn't very happy when we left, but as soon as Grandma Carol said they were going to go for a ride his mood changed. She took him to the Gladstone park and afterwards they stopped and visited Great Grandma Lila and Great Grandpa Harry. On Thursday my mom and I took Landen to Wal-Mart to get his pictures taken. Auntie Patti met us there to help put a smile on Landen's face. The photographer was very good and took a ton of pictures. Deciding on what pictures to get was the difficult part. On Friday my mom and I took him to the walk-in clinic because he had a red patch of dry skin right above his lip. We were afraid it was impetigo and it was. Although the wait was horrible I'm glad we brought him in so we could start treating it with an antibiotic cream. While Landen was napping I went to the high school to watch my niece Ashleigh's softball game. They played Marquette in a double-header and won both games. Way to go Ash! On Saturday my mom, dad, and myself went to Hayden & Logan's 3-on-3 tournament in Bark River. Logan's team lost their first 2 games so they were done, and Hayden's team won their first 2 games and then lost their next 2 games. Thankfully Grandma Carol was available to watch Landen because it wouldn't have been any fun to have him there. Landen LOVES Grandpa Wally and wants him to carry him all the time so I'm sure Grandpa Wally's arm got a workout today!

After supper one night my mom and I took Landen to Pebble's Park. Here he is watching some girls play in the field next to the park.


Here he is on the swings. He loved this!


Even Grandma got in on the fun!


PJ, too!


Landen & mom playing on the floor. He has a deep laugh and it cracks us all up whenever he laughs like that. So Grandma Alice went to get the camera to see if she could get any pictures of him laughing...needless to say she needs a little more practice with the camera.
My parents got a new washer and dryer so they saved one of the boxes for Landen. He loves to play in it and we found clothes, toys, etc in there on occasion.

Landen loves to copy whatever you do so you have to be careful what you say and do. It is amazing the new things he does everyday. He is also really stubborn. If he doesn't want to do something he won't do it and he also stomps his feet and shakes his head "no" when he is really mad. It's hard not to laugh!

For the most part I am feeling really good, however, I still require quick access to food. I'm not as nauseous as I was in the beginning, but it hasn't totally left me yet...I'm hoping it will soon.


4 month picture of me


Tomorrow we head back to Ontonagon. I can't believe my spring break is already over, but that just means the school year is coming to a close as well which I'm happy about! We sure had a good time in Rapid River and thanks everybody for all of your help!

3 comments:

Anonymous

I miss you guys already!!
...Auntie Patti

Anonymous

Autnie Patti is turning out to be quite the softy . . . I can see her typing her post with tears in her eyes . . . too funny!!
Lynda is in for quite the surprise when she babysits again. Landen has grandma Alice wrapped around his little finger!!

Love,
Auntie Julie

iiinzy!

Gosh I don't know which is cuter..Uncle Jimmy, Landen and Papa, or Grandma on the swing haha!