CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 1, 2009

23 Week Appointment!

This past Friday Landen had a check-up to see if he is still anemic, and I had my monthly appointment, glucose test, as well as another ultrasound. Landen spent the past week in Rapid River so I met my mom and dad at the hospital in Hancock. I drank the yummy orange stuff on my way to Hancock and had my blood drawn as soon as I got there. I then joined my mom in the room with Landen while Papa waited in the waiting room. Landen was screaming as the nurse was trying to weigh him (27 pounds) and things didn't get much better throughout the appointment. The Dr. checked his ears since he was just getting over an ear infection and both ears had wax. She wanted to pick it out, but it was terrible. It took all 3 of us to get it done. Once that was over a person from the lab came down to pick his finger for the blood test, and that was worse yet! Landen has a tendency to hold his breath when he cries which I hate and this time was no exception. Even the lab tech told him to breath!

Once that was over we sent Papa and Landen to Ontonagon while my mom joined me for my appointments. I gained 6 pounds this month for a grand total of 17! We were able to listen to the heartbeats and nothing is as exciting as an ultrasound. The worst part of the ultrasound is having the full bladder. That is very painful for me! Here are a few pictures for you all to enjoy!

Not sure who's hand this is
Baby A

Yesterday (Monday, June 1st) I received a phone call from Landen's nurse letting me know that the blood test came back and he is still anemic. The Dr. wants me to triple the dosage I was giving him. Thankfully he drinks it in his juice otherwise it would be impossible to get him to take.
Today (Tuesday, June 2nd) I got a call from my nurse saying I passed my glucose test, but my iron is on the low side. She recommended I take an over the counter supplement 2-3 times a week to help increase my iron. Like mother like son I guess. She also scheduled me for another ultrasound on July 7th . Although everything was fine with this past ultrasound I guess they like to do ultrasounds every 4-6 weeks. I'm not complaining I just wish I didn't have to have a full bladder!

3 comments:

Anonymous

Mare,
They are just beautiful!! I can hardly wait to meet them. Hugs and kisses to my big boy.
...P

Anonymous

Hey,
Over half way there . . . It's hard to believe that you are that far along already. Seems like yesterday when I got the text about being an auntie again . . . Can't wait to hold those babies and tell them how lucky they are to have you for a mom . . . and me for an auntie!! Give Landen a kiss for me. :)
Love ya,
Julie

Anonymous

Mary Fay! Where is the next update? Jeeze I need to know what's going on in your summer!

Kelsey