CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 22, 2009

1st Week in Rapid River!

My mom, myself, and the boys drove down to RR last Sunday. I was in my van with the boys and my mom followed behind in her car. I only had to pull over 5 times...1st time because I needed to adjust the mirror on Brody's headrest so I could see him; 2nd time to give Landen a snack because he couldn't reach it; 3rd-5th times to give Brayden his pacifier because he was crying. It is definitely easier with 2 adults in the car, but I have to say it wasn't bad.

Here are some pictures to document our first week "home".

Hayden got a deer on opening day at the hunting camp. On his way to the ????place he and Robert stopped by so Landen could see his deer.

Hayden and his deer

Landen, Hayden, and the deer
Samantha stopped by one day and brought Landen a Melissa & Doug toy named "Joey". He absolutely loves it and plays with it everyday. It actually is a pretty neat toy. Joey is pretty much a doll that you can dress and undress. The clothes are magnets that allow for easy on and off. While Patti was out of town working she came across a store that carried Melissa & Doug toys and thought Joey needed a girlfriend so she bought "Maggie Lee". Landen loves them and Joey and Maggie Lee like each other as well because they have already shared a couple kisses!

Here is Landen playing with Joey

Here are some pictures of Brayden and Brody watching TV before bed one night.

Brayden

Brody

Landen loves Aunt Sandy's cookies. When you ask him what Aunt Sandy is he says, "Good Cook." She made cookies this past Tuesday and asked Landen to come over and decorate them. He had a ball. He didn't know what to think when I first put him on the stool. She had 4 bowls of different colored frosting and 5 smaller bows of sprinkles. He was in AWE! He would put some frosting on a cookie and then say, "Aunt Sandy help". So Aunt Sandy would help him and then he would put some sprinkles on, however his sprinkles always ended up in one spot. After he decorated 8 of them he said, "I want to eat one". Aunt Sandy had him decorate a couple more and then he got to eat one. He had a lot of fun and maybe Aunt Sandy will invite him over again...hint, hint! Here are some pictures to show how much fun he had!
I didn't take a picture of Landen with all of his cookies at Aunt Sandy's house, but did manage to take a picture once we got back to Grandma's. When we first got in the door Grandma asked him if she could have a cookie and Landen responded, "Only 1". It was so cute and when anybody came over Landen said that could have a cookie, but "only 1".

We are still working on potty training with some days definitely being better than others. When I was changing him the other day Uncle Jimmy happened to come in the bathroom and Landen wanted him to change him. So, needless to say I had to go and get my camera. I did however have to adjust Landen's diaper once Uncle Jimmy was done otherwise he definitely would have peed through!

My nephew Hayden had a basketball game this past Thursday against Superior Central. His team is made up of 4 8th graders and 3 7th graders. So far they are undefeated.



Hayden's friend Jake shooting a free throw!

My nephew Logan was a half-time participant in the hoop shoot. Although he didn't make the free throw he made a good attempt!

Me and my twins...Brody and a hungry Brayden!

Papa and Brayden before bed one night. Aren't they cute!!!
Today I took Landen to Sunday School. It was his first time so Grandma thought he should have a picture. He did really well, however there is a big difference between 2 and 3-year-olds. He would have much rather played with the toys in his classroom than to listen to the lesson. At the beginning of Sunday School all the kids sit together and sing a few songs. Even though he didn't know any of the songs he clapped and said, "Good Job" at the end of all of them. Everybody thought that was really cute! All in all, though he did extremely well and I will take him again!

Landen & Mommy - 1st day of Sunday School

The twins continue to grow and grow as well as Landen. He is doing really well with them and they are doing extremely well at night which I am thankful for. Brody sleeps all night and Brayden usually gets up around 4 and then goes back to sleep for another 2-4 hours. Brody usually gets up between 6-8 and they both go to bed between 10-11. Hopefully it's earlier when I go back to work, but I can't really complain if they are in bed at 10 and up around 6. They are changing everyday and continue to smile and talk. They will also follow you as you walk around the room; sometimes it seems like they will break their neck trying to look at you. We are enjoying them more and more everyday!


2 comments:

Linzy (GM#1)

I love this blog so I can see what's going on with my babes but I hate it cause it makes me miss them even more! Bring them home soon please!! Love and miss you all!

Anonymous

Haha, Linz . . .

We have them and you don't!! Are you coming home for Thanksgiving?

Love ya!
Auntie JuJu