CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sorry!

I know, I know, it's been way too long, but better late than never right? In the time since my last post, my parents went to Florida (where my mom was sick the whole time), the twins had their 18-month check-up, I got pink slipped again, and we put our house up for sale. Oh and with each passing day meant one day closer for Brody's surgery in Marshfield :(


My mom was sick for the entire month they were gone to Florida! She even spent a couple nights in the hospital, but she is doing much better now. Secretly I think she missed her grandsons!


Anna came with me and the boys to Hancock for their appointment. We dropped Landen off with Linzy which they both loved. I told Landen I was going to give Linzy a hug first and he said, "I'm going to give Linzy a hug first because she's my Linzy." As we were coming into Houghton Brayden got car sick and puked all over. Thankfully Anna was with to clean up the mess :) This appointment went very well and it was also Brody's pre-op appointment for his surgery. They needed a urine sample which was kind of tricky. The bag we put on him before we left wasn't successful so we had to try for another sample. Luckily the immunization he received must have scared him enough to pee because it worked! Their 18-month stats are as follows: Brody's height = 32 3/4" (65th percentile), weight = 26 lbs 3 oz (55th percentile), head = 48 cm (57th percentile), and Brayden's height = 32 3/4" (65th percentile), weight = 28 lbs 11 oz (83rd percentile), and head = 49 cm (82nd percentile).


On March 29th I read on-line that I had been pink-slipped again, 3rd time in 4 years! It wasn't the way I expected to find out, but I guess there is no easy way to find out that you may be unemployed in the fall. So, we decided to put our house up for sale, which is sad because we love both our house and the location. However, if somebody comes along and shows interest we may have to do the unthinkable :(.


The boys and I went to RR on Sunday, April 3 for spring break. It was a busy week as usual and we were getting closer to Brody's surgery! When the appointment was made back in January it seemed so far away, and now it was only days away. Steve came down on Wednesday after work and we took for Uncle Jimmy's at 4:30 a.m. on Thursday. It was nice to have a place to stop and let Brody run around for a bit before getting in the car again. We got to Marshfield about an hour early so we went to Wal-Mart to again let Brody walk around. He didn't know what to think. The only time he has been to Wal-Mart was for pictures and he was pushed in a stroller! He didn't know what to think. Steve wanted to take him to the toy aisle where he said he could pick out any toy he wanted. He walked up and down a couple aisles, but kept going back to the ball rack in the middle. That's all we need in this house is another ball! Here are some pictures from before his surgery. Here he is in his cute little hospital gown!


Here he is after surgery - my poor little guy! He was not happy when we first got in there and we could hear him crying on our way to him. He was mad and wanted his IV out. He was trying to grab at it but there was no way he was going to be able to take it out. It was wrapped really good!






Thankfully he slept for a little bit! When he woke up he drank some juice, they took the IV out, and then we were able to leave. He slept for a good chunk of the way home and we were able to drive straight to Rapid River! He was a little wobbly on his feet Thursday night, but he slept all night and was back to himself on Friday. Here is his little incision right below his belly button.

With the bandage

Without the bandage Papa enjoying some time with his second set of twins!
You can tell in the above picture that Brayden is saying, "cheese". When I took the picture I couldn't figure out what he was doing and then realized he was saying cheese - already so smart :)

0 comments: