After the initial shock my mom went out into the waiting room to get my dad to come in the room. The technician told him here is one gestational sac and here is another gestational sac. His immediate reply was, "No, Really." That was priceless. Needless to say he went back out into the waiting room. After the ultrasound I went back to my doctor and showed her and her nurse the pictures. They couldn't believe it. According to the ultrasound one is measuring 9 weeks 1 day and the other one is measuring 9 weeks 3 days. She said that explains why she couldn't hear a heartbeat. Although we couldn't hear them, my mom and I could see their hearts beating on the screen.
Here are some more pictures...




When I called Steve to tell him he didn't believe me. I had to take a picture of the ultrasound and send it to him. He wanted proof since he thought I was playing a trick on him.
Once we left the hospital we met my niece Linzy at the Ambassador for pizza. We have never seen her so quiet before. She just kept looking at the pictures and looking at the pictures. The weather was horrible on the drive home, but we made it home safe and sound. Steve and I didn't sleep very good that night thinking of what is to come, but we were excited to go to work the next day and show off the pictures. The look on my colleagues' faces went from initial shock to laughter and my prinicpal was excited. He said, "You're awesome for the district" in one breath and then in another he said, "You're going to be missing a lot of school."
I'm sure I'll have a lot to write about in the next 6 1/2 months, but if I get a bit lax deal with it. I'll try to be better if somebody promises to make 2 blankets with ruffles and you know who you are!



10 comments:
They are so beautiful already! Take it from me you and Steve will be VERY busy; but VERY blessed too!
How exciting!!! Congrats x 2! :)
Ok Steve and Mary Fay.......I will definitely make 2 quilts w/ruffles. We are all sooooo excited for the 3 of you. The pictures are so clear and perfect. You will have an instant family now for sure. Can't wait to hear the sexes now. I can start planning the QUILTS. How much fun it will be,even if I have to put the ruffles on them. It will be worth it!
Love,
Uncle Sam and Aunt Sandy
Aunt Sandy they are gunna be boys....
How do you know that? One of each I think.........................
I still can't believe this!! Two babies . . . Well, I lived through this once, so I guess I can live through it again. I just wished you guys lived closer. I can't wait to find out the sexes. I think it is a boy and a girl, but just hoping for 2 healthy babies.
Love,
Auntie Julie
I love it TWINS!! So cool.. We are so excited for you and Steve. Lv, Carly
Wow Mary Fay!!!! How exciting!!!! Congratulations!
:) Sarah Lordson Lambert
Talk to you guys soon. I'm sure we will on our cell phones. We are all set to roll. Take care
Love,
Aunt Sandy
Congrats Daigneau Family! I have a girlfriend who recently had a similar 'twin experience' - except she found out at her 20 WEEK ultrasound! Talk about a shock! More fun times to come in your household - very exciting! =)
Post a Comment