CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 6, 2009

7 Months Pregnant!

Although I started this post on Monday I didn't publish it until Wednesday because I wanted to write about my doctor's appointment and ultrasound that I had yesterday (July 7). Carol drove me to Hancock and back for my appointments and we met Steve there. I was excited to go since my doctor was back from her maternity leave. My appointments have been pretty uneventful so far which Steve and I are extremely thankful for. We started discussing dates for my C-section and when she looked over things she decided on August 26th. Steve and I were in shock! Initially we had a due date of September 20 something so August 26th seemed early to us. She told me that I was 31 weeks pregnant now so August 26th was not too soon. I told her that I thought I was only 28 weeks along. After much discussion and her going through my chart she realized they wrote my due date wrong. They had been going by the due date 9-4-09 and it should have been 9-24-09. Needless to say my C-section has not been scheduled yet, and Steve and I are glad that we pushed the due date thing so our babies aren't delivered a month early. The heartbeats were really loud and strong this time. I love hearing them and could lay there and listen to them all day! When Dr. Meyer measured me she asked if I wanted to know what I measured and I did. She said I measured 38 and I asked her what does that mean. She said normally when you measure 38 you are 38 weeks pregnant. So I'm off by 10 weeks - not really. That's what happens when you are carrying twins. I also gained 2 pounds for a total of 22 pounds thus far.

Once that appointment was over it was on to the ultrasound. The babies weren't as cooperative as they had been in the past so it was hard to get cute pictures of them. I do have a couple that I will try and post. I was also bummed since the 4-d machine wasn't working so we didn't get any of those this time. Since my parent's don't have a scanner I had to take pictures of the cute ones.


The babies each weigh 2 lbs 14 ozs and are measuring 29 weeks. One of their heartbeats was 141 and another was 143.
Here is a 28-week belly shot.

3 comments:

Betsy

Glad to hear all is well. Baby A looks like an acrobat! I can't believe that you've only gained 22 lbs!! Take care and keep in touch.

-Betsy

Aleiah Buzzo

you look great.. & love the hair!!! Hope you are having a great summer!!

Anonymous

The twins are now officially bigger than me!!!!!
Kerstin