Last Wednesday Steve and I headed to Houghton and spent the night with my sister in a hotel. Since we needed to be at the hospital at 4:00 a.m. we thought it would be a good idea so we wouldn't have to leave home so early. However, I was up all night with heartburn from the pizza we had that night and Steve didn't sleep so good either. Three o'clock came mighty fast, but I was thankful we only had a 10 minute drive to the hospital. Here I am the morning of the C-Section.

Once at the hospital they needed a non-stress on the babies and had a hard time finding Baby A's hearbeat but once they did it was nice and strong. My parents, Steve's mom, my sister Patti, and niece Linzy arrived around 6:30 and I was on my way into surgery a little after 7. After the spinal Steve was able to come in and Brody was born at 7:30 followed by Brayden at 7:31. Shortly after Brody was born Steve got a little hot and had to leave the room so I was by myself for the remainder of the time. Here is a picture of Steve...

The nurses made the grand entrance with the boys since daddy was MIA!


I was in recovery for an hour before I was allowed any visitors. I was EXHAUSTED the whole day and a bit emotional. The boys did great and nursed really well for the first day. Brayden gave us a little scare the first day. He started choking on that mucus stuff and puked all over the floor. My dad went running out of the room, I pushed the call light for the nurse, and told my mom to, "GO". He turned a little blue but the nurse was excellent! It happened a couple more times that night, but so far at home no episodes!
Here are some pictures from their time in the hospital...















I'm glad to be home and things are getting better with every passing day. At their first doctor appointment this past Tuesday both the boys lost weight so we head to go back to the doctor yesterday (Friday) for another weight check. Brody gained weight but Brayden did not. So we have to weigh him over the weekend and if he loses any weight between now and Monday we have to bring him back to the doctor. My mom and I were surprised that he didn't gain any weight because we have been feeding them every 2-3 hours.
Here are some pictures from home...



Steve's parents left on Wednesday and boy do we miss them. Landen is adjusting well, but sometimes has a hard time understanding that he has to wait. My dad came back up on Thursday and Patti, Linzy, Ashleigh, and PJ will be here on Friday so that will be nice for Landen.
You can view the pictures the hospital took by going to
http://www.portagehealth.org/, click on virtual nursery, click on view recent births, click on either name, underneath his picture click on take a look at my gallery, & type in the password. Brayden's password is Daigneau813, and Brody's password is Daigneau615. They are case sensitive so make sure you capitalize the D.
Here are some pictures of the proud BIG brother...

He got into my purse and put some lipstick on :)
2 comments:
YAY! So Handsome! U are way out numbered now. Landen looks soo Happy too. Luv the picture of Steve in the chair MIA. Glad to hear things are going well~Can't wait to meet them. I'm sure u are starting to feel back to "normal" :0)
Congrats Again from the Schrams!
Congrats Daigneau family! Glad to hear everyone is home and doing well. Sept. 17th will be quite the eventful day in your house!! Crazy that all your boys have the same b-day! =) Best wishes!
Post a Comment